PMI PBA: comparing practices from comparable projects

Discuss PMI-PBA® doubts, tips and lesson learned. Master the art of Business analysis with iZenBridge
seema.sonkiya
Expert
Expert

PMI PBA: comparing practices from comparable projects

Postby seema.sonkiya Sat Feb 14, 2015 2:11 pm

You as a business analyst working with project management team to develop quality management plan and you are using information from previous project in your department to compare sampling techniques used in product evaluation and comparing them with sampling techniques you are planning to use in current project. What tool you are using?

A. Design of experiments.
B. Cost-Benefit Analysis.
C. Comparative assessment.
D. Benchmarking.

Which one is correct answer?
seema.sonkiya
Expert
Expert

Re: PMI PBA: comparing practices from comparable projects

Postby seema.sonkiya Sun Feb 15, 2015 3:57 am

I got following reply from LInkedin ( https://www.linkedin.com/groups/PMI-PBA ... mr_6661117 )

Answer is : option A
i.e. Design of Experiments

Design of experiments is a statistical method, in question any statistical technique is not used.
Key word in question is ‘comapring’ . Here comparison is performed for the sampling techniques used in product evaluation from the previous project - instead of any statistical technique

Identifying which factors may influence specific variables of a product or process under development or in production.is Design of Experiments – Which is not the case here

Here comparing actual or planned project practices (for example sampling techniques used in product evaluation) to those of comparable projects to identify best practices, generate ideas for improvement, and provide a basis for measuring performance. – This is example of Benchmarking

Benchmarked projects may exist within the performing organization or outside of it, or can be within the same application area.

So as per my opinion option D is correct.

Return to “PMI-PBA Open Forum”