PMI PBA: Identify options to develop Business Case

Discuss PMI-PBA® doubts, tips and lesson learned. Master the art of Business analysis with iZenBridge
seema.sonkiya
Expert
Expert

PMI PBA: Identify options to develop Business Case

Postby seema.sonkiya Fri Nov 28, 2014 6:41 am

As a Business Analyst you are investigating options available to address the business problem or issue, at the same time, based on your experience you are also trying your best to develop a manageable number of options. At the day end, your senior manager asked when you can submit the report and what you have done in this regards already. When you communicated about the status, he did not like the way you are working. What could be the reason?

A. You have not developed sufficient options to solve the problem
B. You are not considering all elements of the solution
C. You have not performed risk analysis
D. You are eliminating options too early before identifying all options available
seema.sonkiya
Expert
Expert

Re: PMI PBA: Identify options to develop Business Case

Postby seema.sonkiya Mon Dec 01, 2014 5:29 am

I got few answers of this question through our linkedin group i.e. PMI Professional in Business Analysis (PMI-PBA) Prep Study Group: https://www.linkedin.com/groups/PMI-PBA ... mr_6661117

I got answers for two options: C and D

Here is my take:
This question is neither indicating that Business Analyst is not developed sufficient options nor about that he/she is not considering all of the elements. So option A and B cannot be considered as answer.

Now here key point is that: Business Analyst is busy in identifying options and at the same doing efforts to shortlist them. That is not recommended approach. Shortlisting should be done as a second step. Shortlisting need systematic analysis and should be done when all of the options are on the table.
Risk analysis of options is done after identification of them.

So as per my opinion option D is right :-)

Return to “PMI-PBA Open Forum”