Acceptence Crieteria only used in IT Domain or Agile

Discuss PMI-PBA® doubts, tips and lesson learned. Master the art of Business analysis with iZenBridge
hashmi97
Beginner
Beginner

Acceptence Crieteria only used in IT Domain or Agile

Postby hashmi97 Tue Nov 18, 2014 6:35 pm

Dear Sir

I am studying whole material now for PBA. I just reached and user Crieteria Defination. From the video its seems this tool or technique is useful only for IT domain specially looks a good tool for Agile.

In my knowledge all domain area need AC as must. Either services ot Manufacturing or else. please correct me if i am wrong.
seema.sonkiya
Expert
Expert

Re: Acceptence Crieteria only used in IT Domain or Agile

Postby seema.sonkiya Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:29 am

Acceptance criteria is well described in user stories as condition of satisfaction that’s why it looks like that Acceptance criteria used in IT only, However in business analysis, analysis can be projected in terms of features and hence condition of satisfaction can also be defined.
hashmi97
Beginner
Beginner

Postby hashmi97 Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:58 am

Dear Seema

In other way I would like to explain my view.

VOC : Voice of customer or CTQ : Critical to quality

Is must for any project to be followed and both are coming under acceptance criteria. Any project before delivery going to Quality Assurance & Quality inspections. Where it has been checked the process to be followed in accordance to Customer requirement & deliverable also coming under acceptance Crieteria. And if there is any defects it has to be re work or scrap if can't be re work. Mostly this part of things used in Manufacturing Domain, Yes it is also useful in IT. But in video its explained about IT domain this was my doubt. Might those examples are given and can be followed to other Domain too.

I would be happy to have any comment to clear my doubt.
seema.sonkiya
Expert
Expert

Postby seema.sonkiya Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:42 am

Yes your view is correct :-)

Return to “PMI-PBA Open Forum”