Unique Situation: PMI ACP Application

Exclusive forum for iZenBirdge PMI-ACP® clients
camile

Unique Situation: PMI ACP Application

Postby camile Sat Mar 31, 2018 3:32 pm

Hello,

I recently obtained my PMP. I was required by PMI to show traditional project hours without a degree. Now, I was working projects but was working on several projects at the same time both traditional and agile. My questions are:

1. Can I use the same projects as on my PMP application?

2. If not, I was working several projects at the same time (some agile, some traditional), can I use the agile projects for the eight month requirement that was was doing along with the traditional projects I was managing? Our company is at 100% capacity so we wear many different hats. Will PMI look at my PMP application and say thesee agile projects happened at the same time a her traditional projects?

I have been a Certified Scrum Master for the past two years.

Need help please. I really need help filling this application out before I submit. Thank you. Thank you.

camilewalls@gmail.com

Camile
seema.sonkiya
Expert
Expert

Re: Unique Situation: PMI ACP Application

Postby seema.sonkiya Mon Apr 02, 2018 7:15 am

1. Can I use the same projects as on my PMP application?

Seema: Yes

2. If not, I was working several projects at the same time (some agile, some traditional), can I use the agile projects for the eight month requirement that was was doing along with the traditional projects I was managing? Our company is at 100% capacity so we wear many different hats. Will PMI look at my PMP application and say thesee agile projects happened at the same time a her traditional projects?

Seema: Yes, you can use agile projects in Agile Experience section.

You can use following format for project descriptions:

• A brief, one-sentence objective

• Your role and responsibilities

• Deliverables summarized

• A brief, one-sentence outcome

Kindly note, PMI-ACP exam includes seven domain, and ideal project description should show that your team doing at least two tasks in each domain
camile

Re: Unique Situation: PMI ACP Application

Postby camile Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:53 pm

Thank you, Seema!

Return to “PMI-ACP® Queries and Tips”