Action items from Retrospective

Exclusive forum for iZenBirdge PMI-ACP® clients
jeepeecj
Beginner
Beginner

Action items from Retrospective

Postby jeepeecj Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:53 am

Seema/others,

How we are tracking the action items in retrospective...it will be a process based one and can never be included in Product back log for sure..then how we can track? Please help to clarify

Thanks,
Jayaprakash
jeepeecj
Beginner
Beginner

Re: Action items from Retrospective

Postby jeepeecj Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:22 am

My understanding on this is that ..we will be updating the definition of done for the upcoming sprints.. , but I do not think any action items will be a part of Product back log as back log is more to do with the Product features and nothing to do with Process...Please correct me If I am wrong...
seema.sonkiya
Expert
Expert

Re: Action items from Retrospective

Postby seema.sonkiya Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:02 am

The retrospective is the meeting where DOD can be updated for further iterations. DOD improves the product quality actually:

According to the Scrum Guide on page number 12:
During each Sprint Retrospective, the Scrum Team plans ways to increase product quality by adapting the definition of “Done” as appropriate.

DOD is a shared understanding of what all needed before any product backlog item can be declared complete. For more details, please refer: https://www.izenbridge.com/blog/accepta ... tion-done/

Yes, other than DOD, Retrospective is used to improve people behavior, relationships, process, and tools; During Sprint Review, the increment is inspected, and Product Backlog is adapted.
In retrospective, keep the copy of the action items agreed in retrospective and made them visible to all, the backlog is not updated.

Return to “PMI-ACP® Queries and Tips”