Exclusive forum for iZenBirdge PMI-ACP® clients
jeepeecj
Beginner
Beginner

risk register and scrum board - queries

Postby jeepeecj Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:22 am

Hello Seema/Saket & all,

Please help to answer my queries

1.Is there some thing called Scrum board is there? I believe it is not there..but somewhere in the questions I could see that as valid one.

2.Is there something called Story mapping in Agile? ..I am not sure.

3.Risk board and risk register is there in Agile?.. I believe it is not there..but some where in the questions, it is mentioned that the team updated the 'risk board'...not sure what is this risk board...in Agile...

thanks,
seema.sonkiya
Expert
Expert

Re: risk register and scrum board - queries

Postby seema.sonkiya Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:48 am

Is there some thing called Scrum board is there? I believe it is not there..but somewhere in the questions I could see that as valid one.

Scrum is based on the empirical process framework; it has three pillars: Inspection, Adaptation, and Transparency. For the transparency, we can maintain a board; some call it Scrum Board, some call it Task Board.

I am observing; you are brainstorming what is officially included in Scrum, and what is not? Read the following Guide; Scrum is just what is included in Scrum Framework: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2suA ... TVYNW55ZVE

2.Is there something called Story mapping in Agile? ..I am not sure.

Story Mapping is practice to realize Agile Principle of delivery valuable software frequently. You can use any practice to realize Agile Value & Principles. Story Mapping is the visual way of building Product Backlog.

3.Risk board and risk register is there in Agile?.. I believe it is not there..but some where in the questions, it is mentioned that the team updated the 'risk board'...not sure what is this risk board...in Agile...

Agile is only about values and principles. It is the mindset. You need practices to realize these values & principles. Scrum, Kaban, and XP are examples,e of practice. As long as you are getting Agile values, you are agile. Agile neither say Yes or No to risk register or Risk Board

Return to “PMI-ACP® Queries and Tips”