Pragmatic Agile Workshop

New work during sprint should be acceptable or not?

Exclusive forum for iZenBirdge PMI-ACP® clients
ashwineec
Participant
Participant

New work during sprint should be acceptable or not?

Postby ashwineec Thu Mar 02, 2017 3:36 pm

I have get conflicting references for whether new work should be added during sprint or not.
As per video and lesson notes new work during sprint should not be added so that waste can be avoided.
However is some of the questions it was mentioned to add work during sprint for customer's competitive advantage as Agile is all about adaptability.
What is final word on this.
In my opinion work should not be accepted and postponed till next iteration planning as anyways we have short work cycles and work done in this sprint in terms of planning will be waste if we remove something and add something new. Also it will down team morale if this is accepted as practice.
saket
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: New work during sprint should be acceptable or not?

Postby saket Thu Mar 02, 2017 4:29 pm

Your understanding is right, we do have video which explains details of what does "No change in Sprint mean", so we should not anything which put sprint goals in danger.

We can discuss the question where you find different view.
Explore our online PMP Program , it makes PMP Easy :-) http://goo.gl/ZmD3xF

Image Image Image Image
ashwineec
Participant
Participant

Postby ashwineec Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:31 am

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3358

Here experts are saying option 2 which is accepting change for business benefit but according to me it should be 1.
ashwineec
Participant
Participant

Postby ashwineec Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:33 am

You are mid-way through your third 2-week iteration. Due to changing business conditions, the clients have started requesting changes many times a day. This has thrown you and your team off balance. What could you do to tame this confusion and still provide value to your clients?

1 Post all requests that come in for discussion until the next iteration planning

2 Since Agile is all about adaptability, you accept those changes that are high priority and work it in along with your current iteration

3 Cancel the current iteration and work on a new iteration incorporating the requested changes

4 Reduce your 2-week iteration to a 2-day iteration

Option 4 also ok but 2 days is overiterating .. if it was 1 week it was best option.
saket
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby saket Fri Mar 03, 2017 5:16 am

If i am not wrong this question is from Andy Crow.... or share the source... i do not find running 2 days sprint as a vibal option in Scrum, yes Kanban can make some sense in this case. As said by Sanjay in the thread you posted , i also prefer option 1 out of these.
Explore our online PMP Program , it makes PMP Easy :-) http://goo.gl/ZmD3xF

Image Image Image Image

Return to “PMI-ACP® Queries and Tips”