Exclusive forum for iZenBirdge PMI-ACP® clients
brijesh.shah
Participant
Participant

sprint planning meeting

Postby brijesh.shah Fri Dec 30, 2016 4:35 am

Sprint planning meeting,
Q.1)
Development team can invite "expert optional" for better planning. In some scenarios, I observed the development team is taking the less work then their own capacity. Can Product owner invites the "technology experts" to challenges the development team estimate ? I can understand, development team is self organize and self motivated. What is your recommendations if PMI ACP exam ask such situation question.

Q.2)What should development team do if the product owner is not ready with "Sprint Ready Stories" ?
saket
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: sprint planning meeting

Postby saket Fri Dec 30, 2016 4:24 pm

Interesting questions.

Q.1)
Development team can invite "expert optional" for better planning. In some scenarios, I observed the development team is taking the less work then their own capacity. Can Product owner invites the "technology experts" to challenges the development team estimate ? I can understand, development team is self organize and self motivated. What is your recommendations if PMI ACP exam ask such situation question.

The idea of Scrum is development team knows best about how to do the work, and Product Owner knows what work gives the best value. Now development team can invite experts in Sprint Planning meeting , but it is more to get feedback on program and solution area not for estimation, estimate is done by people who are expected to do the work. Now Product Owner can definitely challenge the estimate to know assumptions development team making for the estimate, not to tell it will take less time. So PO can ask, why do you think it will take more time that story Y we did last time, what all you are taking in considering while estimating etc,

Q.2)What should development team do if the product owner is not ready with "Sprint Ready Stories" ?

That is the reason Scrum does not recognize Definition of Ready as formal artifact , it is good practice, so sprint start when time start, so if you do not have ready story you do sprint planning in the given time box with given visibility and you still go ahead with Sprint, you end up discussion stories in sprint planning meeting.
Explore our online PMP Program , it makes PMP Easy :-) http://goo.gl/ZmD3xF

Image Image Image Image

Return to “PMI-ACP® Queries and Tips”