CSM Forum Banner

Agile project

Exclusive forum for iZenBirdge PMI-ACP® clients
brijesh.shah
Participant
Participant

Agile project

Postby brijesh.shah Mon Sep 05, 2016 2:36 pm

My first challenge start with the pre-sales and get the buy-in from clients for agile contracts. I am referring the mid size IT service organization who build the customized software for the client. We have a lots of debate with Business development department and I hope it is very common.

1. Agile Contracts. Do you have any videos/ best practices reference material/book which talk about the agile contracts ?
2. Are you recommend any material which help to convenience the clients to go with the Agile mode ?

Second challenges to keep the team motivated in the ongoing agile projects.
2. Team Motivation : Agile team, we don't have the roles. Here, It is difficult to do the appraisal of the individual and promote for new roles. As the employees seeks for better roles and designation when they grow. I am seeing the challenges in this area. As every team is having a few top performer and few average resource so we are seeing the challenges here. Can you guide me or suggest any thing which can help me to control such situations.

I understand, these questions are not related to PMI ACP exam but I am really facing this issues in all the agile projects running in the organization.
Fill free to ask me if you need more information which clarify the questions.
brijesh.shah
Participant
Participant

Re: Agile project

Postby brijesh.shah Sat Sep 10, 2016 12:16 pm

Hey Sanjay/Seema,

It you can help me on the above query then it will be great help to me.
sarawat
Contributor
Contributor

Postby sarawat Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:59 am

Hi Brijesh, Sharing my thoughts. let me know your thoughts please.

1. Agile Contracts. Do you have any videos/ best practices reference material/book which talk about the agile contracts ?

You might want to read these links.
https://www.scrumalliance.org/resource_download/1119
https://scrumology.com/an-overview-of-agile-contracts/
https://blogs.versionone.com/agile_mana ... contracts/

2. Are you recommend any material which help to convenience the clients to go with the Agile mode ?

you don't want to convince your client to follow agile simply because others are following.
if these pointers are matching your requirements then it is good to follow agile development. else, stay where you are.
http://www.allaboutagile.com/10-good-re ... velopment/

share your email id to me at sanjay.pcba@gmail.com. i will share the introduction PPT made by Mike Cohn which you can use to promote agile to your clients.

2. Team Motivation : Agile team, we don't have the roles. Here, It is difficult to do the appraisal of the individual and promote for new roles. As the employees seeks for better roles and designation when they grow. I am seeing the challenges in this area.

we do have agile roles such as scrum master, QA engineer [ if he/she specialized in testing ] , technical lead, product owner, agile coach, XP Programmer , etc.... there are many.
if they are working in agile project, off-course they would call themselves as agile team. however they would definitely like to decorate their offer letters with these designations.
there are companies who are using designation such as Sr. Scrum Master, Associate Scrum master etc....

Thanks n Regards,
Sanjay Singh Rawat
sanjaykumar
Expert
Expert

Postby sanjaykumar Mon Sep 12, 2016 1:01 pm

Hi Brijesh,
You have posted a set of extremely open-ended questions that may require one or multiple coaching sessions, and as you mentioned already, they are not related to PMI-ACP exam.
Please drop me a line at sanjay.kumar@izenbridge.com and we will discuss how we could possibly help you with your real-world challenges.
Sanjay Kumar
Agile Trainer & Coach

Return to “PMI-ACP® Queries and Tips”