CSM Forum Banner

Question 5

Exclusive forum for iZenBirdge PMI-ACP® clients
sanjaybisht
Beginner
Beginner

Question 5

Postby sanjaybisht Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:33 am

You are mid-way through your third 2-week iteration. Due to changing business conditions, the clients have started requesting changes many times a day. This has thrown you and your team off balance. What could you do to tame this confusion and still provide value to your clients?
1 Post all requests that come in for discussion until the next iteration planning
2 Since Agile is all about adaptability, you accept those changes that are high priority and work it in along with your current iteration
3 Cancel the current iteration and work on a new iteration incorporating the requested changes
4 Reduce your 2-week iteration to a 2-day iteration

My ans 3
Sanjay
sanjaykumar
Expert
Expert

Re: Question 5

Postby sanjaykumar Tue Mar 22, 2016 12:16 pm

Very close options, I am inclined to choose #2 because it is trying to create a balance.

Why not #1 - While most teams prefer this approach, it is not along agile values and principles.
Why not #3 - Cancelling the sprint is an option when whatever was planned does not make sense anymore. Here, client is asking for changes, not asking to discard the planned work.

But, that is my thinking only. Would love to hear others' thoughts.
Sanjay Kumar
Agile Trainer & Coach
anilkro
Participant
Participant

Postby anilkro Sat Jul 30, 2016 3:27 pm

Agreed, Agile all about inspect & Adopt. I would go bit ahead

" The clients have started requesting changes many times a day. This has thrown you and your team off balance"--> as the requirements are quite uncertain/dynamic, what if I reduce the iteration length from 2 weeks to 2 days, quickly show a feature or demo to client & adopt , So i would go for 4. Am i wrong?
seema.sonkiya
Expert
Expert

Postby seema.sonkiya Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:43 am

I will go to option 4

Here the detailed explanation:

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=5120

Return to “PMI-ACP® Queries and Tips”