CSM Forum Banner

Question on Detailed project status.

Exclusive forum for iZenBirdge PMI-ACP® clients
sundara.damaraju
Beginner
Beginner

Question on Detailed project status.

Postby sundara.damaraju Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:16 am

Senior management calls the Product Owner to understand the detailed project status. What should the Product Owner do?

A. Draft a report for senior management that shares the project status details.

B. Redirect management to the electronic tool that hosts release plan, Scrum board, and different project metrics.

C. Request the Scrum Master to provide the Senior Management project status details.

D. Arrange a meeting where members of senior management get to interact with the entire team and find detailed project status

What is the correct answer for this? In my opinion it is "D". But the source says "B".
seema.sonkiya
Expert
Expert

Re: Question on Detailed project status.

Postby seema.sonkiya Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:23 am

First of all, I request to post the iZenBridge question in the "PMI-ACP Exam Prep Questions" instead of "PMI-ACP Open Forum" Open forum is publicly available. Anyways I have moved it here.

In Agile we emphasize in the transparency, Status is not generated just to show, it is something which is always available. Nothing extra is required. If management is asking, then you just need to give them the way where they can see.

Explanation of this questions is given based on above concepts:

The scrum board and electronic tool are important information radiators that serve as a quick project status for all stakeholders – the team, customer, and the rest of the organization. This could be used for basic project reporting. Only in case of additional management reporting requirements, a meeting or document may be required.

Let me know if it helps.

Return to “PMI-ACP® Queries and Tips”