PMP Mock - Basic Question

Discuss PMP doubts, tips and lesson learned. iZenBridge makes PMP® Certification easy
Prembalaji
Participant
Participant

PMP Mock - Basic Question

Postby Prembalaji Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:59 am

A project manager is employed by a construction company and is responsible for the furnishing of the completed building. One of the first things that the project manager for this project should do is to write a

1.Work breakdown structure
2.Stakeholder Register
3.Project charter
4.Project plan

Dear All , Wanted to understand the thought process of this question, can help me with justifications for your answers , ill share the answer after a few responses.
Cheers,
PJ
suresi00
Contributor
Contributor

Re: PMP Mock - Basic Question

Postby suresi00 Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:41 am

We have to look at initiation process I guess. So the debate is between Stake holder register of Project charter.

The confusion is Project charter is normally written by sponsor or team and PM is assigned Sometimes PM will be involved from the beginning. But his official start is only once PC is signed. Refer page 66 of PMBOK 5
From the question it is not clear whether the PM is appointed by the Project charter or not.
rahul.kanugo
Participant
Participant

Postby rahul.kanugo Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:48 am

I will opt for stakeholder register , as Project manager is already appointed , after word identification of stakeholder is required for which stakeholder register is required.
Prembalaji
Participant
Participant

Postby Prembalaji Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:26 am

Correct Answer - Stakeholder register

A project manager is employed by a construction company and is responsible for the furnishing of the completed building. - Means that the PM is allocated which indicates the existence for a Charter
Cheers,
PJ

Return to “PMP® Open Forum”