CSM Forum Banner

izenbridge Free Mock Q 67

Here we discuss iZenBridge free questions, which are high in quality with good explanations. We invite you to participate in these questions; it will be fun filling for the exam preparation.
shaibajit
Beginner
Beginner

izenbridge Free Mock Q 67

Postby shaibajit Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:28 am

Out of the following control tool which can help you as the project manager to quantify and categorize defects according to sources?
a Scatter chart
b Pareto diagram
c Histogram
d Cause and effect diagram

The module says that the correct ans is B. But my doubt is why not C ? Because Pareto is more about identifying the 'vital few' and it is created by rearranging the Histogram (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXaMq2trk18). Here the question asks only about "quantifying & categorizing" and not about "vital few". So I feel that Histogram serves the purpose.
suresi00
Contributor
Contributor

Re: izenbridge Free Mock Q 67

Postby suresi00 Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:06 pm

Was quantify the trick of the trade? In real world we don't quantify anything for histogram. We simply arrange things based on the frequency .
Good question , What was the reasoning in the Mock Q67?
shaibajit
Beginner
Beginner

Postby shaibajit Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:09 pm

The Explanation is given as follows–

"A Pareto Diagram helps the management team quantify and categorize defects. Pareto diagrams/ charts are used to identify the vital few sources that are responsible for causing most of the critical defects. Option A – Scatter diagrams use two variables, input variable is called an independent variable and output variable is called a dependent variable. Scatter diagrams display the relationship between these two elements as points on a graph. Option C – Histogram is bar chart which shows distribution of variables and cannot be used to quantify and categorize defects. Option D – Cause and effect diagram is also known as Fishbone diagram. It is used to find the actionable root cause of a problem."
nazrulq
Contributor
Contributor

Postby nazrulq Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:42 am

Pareto Diagram also called 80/20 Rule. That is 80 percent problem happen from 20 percent cause. It also categorize defect in order from higher to lower!
shaibajit
Beginner
Beginner

Postby shaibajit Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:07 pm

Nazrul, I know about the "ordering" feature of Pareto chart. But categorisation doesn't mean "putting in order". It just means that you put them "separately" or you "segregate" them, which is achieved by Histogram itself. Afterwards, Pareto chart arranges them "in order".
nazrulq
Contributor
Contributor

Postby nazrulq Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:54 pm

You need to know from Pareto Chart the cause 80/20 and put into the order in histogram to find out whether there is a need to deal with them you categorize the defect.My point of view Pareto Chart would be best option and there is not much use of histogram too.
You then need to check out with Control limit and Isjiwaka diagram too to find out root cause for mitigation.
My point of view if you have bunch of defects you need to categorize first. then judge with control charts whether those are in acceptable limit or so. Then you need to find out root cause.
There are no hard and fast rule in order described in PMBOK , Rita or Andy Crowe . Every company has their own Quality Control System. There are ISO standard too and PMBOK explanation they are not the rules but guidelines!

Hopefully, that clears the question and doubts!
Prembalaji
Beginner
Beginner

Postby Prembalaji Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:12 am

The following is my thought process :

Histograms are 2 dimensional ie. between 2 parameters (Maybe Quantity and Category) and Pareto's are 3 dimensional
In this case: we have one more additional dimensions that is named as "Source"

So if we plot it using the mentioned COntrol tools

Imagine the histogram ordered by the priority of sources -> plotted as categories vs Quantities
which makes it a Pareto chart

Any comments Folks ?
Cheers,
PJ

Return to “iZenBridge PMP Open Questions”