CSM Forum Banner

Project Closure

Here we discuss iZenBridge free questions, which are high in quality with good explanations. We invite you to participate in these questions; it will be fun filling for the exam preparation.
komal
Participant
Participant

Project Closure

Postby komal Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:25 am

Mr Sharma has completed all the deliverables in his project.This was a complex project involving a lot of challenges, but with good management and a motivated team things have been completed successfully.What should he do next as a project manager?

Disband the team
Validate scope
Update lessons learned
Control Quality

Correct answer is Update Lesson learn.How we can identify from question that project is in project closure state.
manishpn
Expert
Expert

Re: Project Closure

Postby manishpn Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:28 pm

this is not a good quality question, we do not not know if the deliverable were accepted, completed does not necessarily means its accepted
If I assume ALL deliverables are accepted then we are in CLOSE Project phase and then it makes sense to update final lessons learnt before releasing team members from project
Br,
Manish P
PMP, PMI - ACP, SAFe Agilist
http://www.izenbridge.com/blog/7-effect ... ification/
shaibajit
Beginner
Beginner

Postby shaibajit Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:39 am

Can anyone provide me the proper order of the activities that take place in Close Project or Phase? I mean "Final Acceptance of Deliverable", "Handover the finish product", "Releasing team", "Compiling Lesson Learned" etc. - What is their order? Which one is followed by what?
manishpn
Expert
Expert

Postby manishpn Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:32 pm

there is no prescribed order, however releasing the team should be last option, PM can release some of the team in gradual manner but the cannot release entire team before lesssons learnt is complete.
Br,
Manish P
PMP, PMI - ACP, SAFe Agilist
http://www.izenbridge.com/blog/7-effect ... ification/
nazrulq
Contributor
Contributor

Postby nazrulq Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:09 am

Partial Release and PMP updates and Projects Documents updates can be done parallelly. Sometimes questions can be confusing!

Thanks
shaibajit
Beginner
Beginner

Postby shaibajit Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:09 am

Thanks Manish for replying. Also I am pretty sure of the fact that releasing final resources is the very last activity. But what about "Closing the Contract"? Does it happen before "Lesson Learned" or after that?

And can you pl give a brief on Administrative Closure & Contract Closure?
d.ranatunga

Postby d.ranatunga Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:45 pm

Contract closure is done in Close Procurement process where as the project closure is done in Close Project/Phase process.
However, contract closure after accepting deliverables from the vendor need to be done prior to the project closure.
shaibajit
Beginner
Beginner

Postby shaibajit Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:44 pm

Today I found a question related to Close Process wherein the following statement was given as a part of the explanation-

"Remember, releasing the project team is no longer part of closing, according the new RDS study conducted by PMI. This was amended in 2011."

Can any one shed some light on this?

Return to “iZenBridge PMP Open Questions”