CSM Forum Banner

Time managment

Here we discuss iZenBridge free questions, which are high in quality with good explanations. We invite you to participate in these questions; it will be fun filling for the exam preparation.
Rizvanp

Time managment

Postby Rizvanp Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:28 pm

Management informed the project manager that some of the resource assigned to the project would be transferred to another project within the next week,how should the project manager proceed?
1.Fast track the project
2.Issue a change request
3.Try to redo the plan without the resources,and document the decision and impact in the next performance.
4.Procure external resources.
manishpn
Expert
Expert

Re: Time managment

Postby manishpn Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:17 pm

Rizvanp wrote:Management informed the project manager that some of the resource assigned to the project would be transferred to another project within the next week,how should the project manager proceed?
1.Fast track the project
2.Issue a change request
3.Try to redo the plan without the resources,and document the decision and impact in the next performance.
4.Procure external resources.

I am a bit confused between #2 and #3.
Since it is management decision PM probably does not have much say on that, the question does not describe how critical are the resources, how many resources etc, Maybe its not much impact on the project .
If I have to choose I will go with #3 and see if a CR is needed based on the impact to project baselines.
Br,
Manish P
PMP, PMI - ACP, SAFe Agilist
http://www.izenbridge.com/blog/7-effect ... ification/
puja.pajan1984

Re: Time managment

Postby puja.pajan1984 Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:42 pm

IMO would go with option 3. PM should first assess the impact of requested change and present options to management to show the affects removing the resources will have on the project - scope, time, budget. Then, proceed to issue a Change request with details of affect the removal of resource will have on Scope, Time and Budget. > Update Project documents and other PMPs once the CR has been approved.

Return to “iZenBridge PMP Open Questions”