CSM Forum Banner

In Question, which Organization procedure can support in managing feedback's?

Discuss PMP doubts, tips and lesson learned. iZenBridge makes PMP® Certification easy
seema.sonkiya
Expert
Expert

In Question, which Organization procedure can support in managing feedback's?

Postby seema.sonkiya Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:11 am

Request for participation in the following question:

David is newly assigned Project Manager to launch a new product. Time to time tracking of users feedback is necessary. Thus, it is decided to deliver product features incrementally. First, product increment is ready, and David has the plan to engage stakeholders to get the feedback, especially defect identification and resolution along with action item tracking. David is looking for procedures from the organization knowledge base to track these feedbacks. What should he do next?

A. Look for change control procedures to manage changes to product as a result of stakeholders feedbacks
B. Look for Issue management Procedures to track issues reported by stakeholders
C. Look for Requirement Prioritizing procedures to understand how next increment requirement has to be prioritized
D. Look for Risk Control procedures to see how risks have to be managed for the next increment.

Which option is correct?
nirajsys@gmail.com
Participant
Participant

Re: In Question, which Organization procedure can support in managing feedback's?

Postby nirajsys@gmail.com Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:40 pm

I feel since the question explicitly mentions, that David wants to engage stakeholders for defect identification i.e. issue identification,resolution and action item tracking,issue management procedures could most effectively used.

Hence apt option C wud be most apt.
nirajsys@gmail.com
Participant
Participant

Re: In Question, which Organization procedure can support in managing feedback's?

Postby nirajsys@gmail.com Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:40 pm

I feel since the question explicitly mentions, that David wants to engage stakeholders for defect identification i.e. issue identification,resolution and action item tracking,issue management procedures could most effectively used.

Hence apt option C wud be most apt.
nazrulq
Contributor
Contributor

Postby nazrulq Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:55 am

I think the best option is to look for Risk Control procedures to see how risks have to be managed for the next increment. Hence option D is the best fit!
My justification defect might have identified by stakeholder which can Create Risk to the project!
seema.sonkiya
Expert
Expert

Postby seema.sonkiya Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:41 am

This question is about "Manage Stakeholder Engagement" process", where David involves stakeholders regularly with each increment to get feedback. He is working with Stakeholders to meet their needs/expectations, and to address issues as they occur.

As soon as David get the feedback, the first step is to acknowledge their feedback, instead of directly assessing or directly taking action.

Let's see which option suited best to acknowledge customer feedbacks:

Change control procedures and requirement prioritization procedures directly indicating actions. Taking feedbacks to Changes management or requirement prioritization directly not advisable.

After acknowledging and recording feedbacks, these can be processed through change management procedures and after final acceptance, these feedbacks can be prioritized.

New feedbacks can also increase new risk, identify risk response strategies also belong to direct actions.

Issue Management Procedures can allow David log feedbacks first, to enable further assessment and actions.

As per the question situation, David is looking procedures for:
"To get the feedback, especially defect identification and resolution along with action item tracking."

According to the PMBOK Guide Sixth Edition: Issue Management Procedures are used for the same.

Thus, the correct answer is option B - "Look for Issue management Procedures to track issues reported by stakeholders"

Return to “PMP® Open Forum”