Procurement Management integration with other processes

Exclusive forum for iZenBirdge PMP® clients
salman_2005
Participant
Participant

Procurement Management integration with other processes

Postby salman_2005 Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:06 am

Hi Manish,
As per PMBOK, procurement management plans defines how the procurement work is coordinated and integrated with other project work, particularly with resources, schedule and budget.

I need to know how they integrate with other processes, below I am mentioning my understanding:

Resource Management: Resource requirement and resource management plan tell about the requirements needed to be procured. Though the final make or buy decision is taken on Plan Procurement Management.

Resource Calendar goes to estimate duration and develop schedule processes to know the dates of resources getting procured from the seller.

Schedule: Milestone list: when sellers are required to deliver the results. This goes to Estimate duration and develop schedule.

Agreements from Conduct procurement go to develop schedule process so that the procurement deliverables can be considered in schedule.

Budget: Agreements go to Determine budget process so that the cost can be considered and added.

Is my understanding correct or is there more ways by which the procurement process interacts with schedule, budget and resources?

Thank you.
manishpn
Expert
Expert

Re: Procurement Management integration with other processes

Postby manishpn Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:13 pm

salman_2005 wrote:Hi Manish,
As per PMBOK, procurement management plans defines how the procurement work is coordinated and integrated with other project work, particularly with resources, schedule and budget.

I need to know how they integrate with other processes, below I am mentioning my understanding:

Resource Management: Resource requirement and resource management plan tell about the requirements needed to be procured.
it only states resource needed not procured, RM plan does not care of Make or Buy, however once that decision is made in procurement KA, the RBS etc are updated to show employees v/s non employees in the project
Though the final make or buy decision is taken on Plan Procurement Management. - YES

Resource Calendar goes to estimate duration and develop schedule processes to know the dates of resources getting procured from the seller. - YES as soon know if we will buy or make

Schedule: Milestone list: when sellers are required to deliver the results. This goes to Estimate duration and develop schedule.

Agreements from Conduct procurement go to develop schedule process so that the procurement deliverables can be considered in schedule. - Contracts/Agreement are inputs to all major KA areas including schedule management

Budget: Agreements go to Determine budget process so that the cost can be considered and added. - YES

Is my understanding correct or is there more ways by which the procurement process interacts with schedule, budget and resources?

Thank you.
Br,
Manish P
PMP, PMI - ACP, SAFe Agilist
http://www.izenbridge.com/blog/7-effect ... ification/
salman_2005
Participant
Participant

Re: Procurement Management integration with other processes

Postby salman_2005 Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:32 pm

Thank you so much!

Return to “PMP® Queries and Tips”