Communication Model

Exclusive forum for iZenBirdge PMP® clients
salman_2005
Participant
Participant

Communication Model

Postby salman_2005 Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:18 pm

Hi Manish,
In the sample interactive communication model, who is ultimately responsible to ensure that the message has been understood by the receiver?
Is it the sender, receiver or both of them.

Please help me understand.

Thank you.

Salman
manishpn
Expert
Expert

Re: Communication Model

Postby manishpn Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:52 pm

salman_2005 wrote:Hi Manish,
In the sample interactive communication model, who is ultimately responsible to ensure that the message has been understood by the receiver?
Is it the sender, receiver or both of them.

Please help me understand.

Thank you.

Salman

Its clearly mentioned in PMBOK, the responsibilities are divided

As part of the communication process, the sender is responsible for the transmission of the message, ensuring
the information being communicated is clear and complete, and confirming the message is correctly interpreted.
The receiver is responsible for ensuring that the information is received in its entirety, interpreted correctly, and
acknowledged or responded to appropriately. These components take place in an environment where there will
likely be noise and other barriers to effective communication.
Br,
Manish P
PMP, PMI - ACP, SAFe Agilist
http://www.izenbridge.com/blog/7-effect ... ification/
salman_2005
Participant
Participant

Re: Communication Model

Postby salman_2005 Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:15 pm

Hi Manish,
Not able to completely understand. I read the same in PMBOK, when I read it it seems like that both of them are responsible that the message is correctly interpreted.

I think that it is the receiver who is ultimately responsible to ensure that he/she has correctly understood the message by giving feedback and asking questions to the sender in case of a gap in understanding.

Or is it like it is the responsibility of the sender to esnure that the reciver has understood the message correctly by asking for the feedback and after listening to the feedback the sender decidedes to encode the info and transmit the info to the receiver again (if required) to ensure that the receiver has understood the message correctly?

Please help understanding this concept.

Thank you.

Return to “PMP® Queries and Tips”