Planning

Exclusive forum for iZenBirdge PMP® clients
KaurP
Participant
Participant

Planning

Postby KaurP Sun Aug 26, 2018 12:25 pm

Hi Manish,

You are managing a software development project. The project will involve working with a remote team. One of the requirements is to set up a secure communication link. The lead-time to setup the link is 45 days. Since the initial phase of the project involves requirements gathering, you feel that the link is required only after 3 months and are planning accordingly. You would typically do this planning activity in:

A. The Conduct Procurements process
B. The Define Activities process
C. The Plan Procurement Management process Marked as correct
D. The Control Procurements process

Can you please explain this one.
Remote team sounds more like a virtual team to me not a vendor or a contractor in this question.

Secondly, in define activity we do rolling wave planning in which work to be accomplished in the near term is planned in detail, while work further in the future is planned at a higher level. Question says the link is required only after 3 months so we can plan it at a higher level in Define activities process. isn't it?
manishpn
Expert
Expert

Re: Planning

Postby manishpn Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:28 pm

KaurP wrote:Hi Manish,

You are managing a software development project. The project will involve working with a remote team. One of the requirements is to set up a secure communication link. The lead-time to setup the link is 45 days. Since the initial phase of the project involves requirements gathering, you feel that the link is required only after 3 months and are planning accordingly. You would typically do this planning activity in:

A. The Conduct Procurements process
B. The Define Activities process
C. The Plan Procurement Management process Marked as correct
D. The Control Procurements process

I would not say this is a great quality question, its assuming that establishing link has to be procured, it can be MAKE as well and define activities can also be an option
whats the source and why is option B not correct as per source?

Can you please explain this one.
Remote team sounds more like a virtual team to me not a vendor or a contractor in this question.

Secondly, in define activity we do rolling wave planning in which work to be accomplished in the near term is planned in detail, while work further in the future is planned at a higher level. Question says the link is required only after 3 months so we can plan it at a higher level in Define activities process. isn't it?
Br,
Manish P
PMP, PMI - ACP, SAFe Agilist
http://www.izenbridge.com/blog/7-effect ... ification/
KaurP
Participant
Participant

Re: Planning

Postby KaurP Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:31 am

No explanation was given for this one so I thought of checking with you.

Return to “PMP® Queries and Tips”