Lessons learned

Exclusive forum for iZenBirdge PMP® clients
KaurP
Participant
Participant

Lessons learned

Postby KaurP Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:28 pm

Due to a tight project schedule, a project manager did not document lessons learned all through the project. However, at the end of the project, he finally documented the lessons learned. Your comment on this would be:

A. This is ok. At a minimum, lessons learned should be documented at the end of the project.
B. This is not ok. Lessons learned must be documented all through the project as well as at the end of the project.
C. This is not ok. Lessons learned need to be documented all through the project and must not be done at the end of the project.
D. This is correct. Lessons learned are intended to be documented only at the end of the project.

Answer-
A. This is ok. At a minimum, lessons learned should be documented at the end of the project.

Shouldn't they be documented throughout the project as well as at the end?

Questions on the exam can be tricky so trying to seek clarification as much as I can.
manishpn
Expert
Expert

Re: Lessons learned

Postby manishpn Sat Aug 11, 2018 2:25 pm

KaurP wrote:Due to a tight project schedule, a project manager did not document lessons learned all through the project. However, at the end of the project, he finally documented the lessons learned. Your comment on this would be:

B. This is not ok. Lessons learned must be documented all through the project as well as at the end of the project.
C. This is not ok. Lessons learned need to be documented all through the project and must not be done at the end of the project.
D. This is correct. Lessons learned are intended to be documented only at the end of the project.

Answer-

Shouldn't they be documented throughout the project as well as at the end?

Questions on the exam can be tricky so trying to seek clarification as much as I can.

as per PMP exam outline lessons learnt is in each process group, so this questions seems like based on old exam outline content,
Br,
Manish P
PMP, PMI - ACP, SAFe Agilist
http://www.izenbridge.com/blog/7-effect ... ification/
anand.sutar

Re: Lessons learned

Postby anand.sutar Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:15 am

I feel the words in each answer are most important rather that the standard guildline, option C and D is clearly wrong answers. so option A and B left, option B is,

this statment puts strong restictions on PM to adhere to the policy and not consider any "tailoring" (important) aspect as per the requirment.

However option A,

the word "Minimum" is most important which completely changes the statement, and put broader perspective.

Option A consider the both "Tailoring" as well as "adhere to PMBOK policies."

I think this option can be good in small duration, hurry situation project.

E.g.
1) Redevelopment of small high traffic collapsed Bridge, which need to open asap.
2) Product which is in use and having some issue about functinality with small defect which need to be repaired asap.

This is my degree of understanding, however not sure.

Expert Judgement (Manish) and other teachers may be able to provide more clarification.

Return to “PMP® Queries and Tips”