Pls explain

Exclusive forum for iZenBirdge PMP® clients
kripakrish
Beginner
Beginner

Pls explain

Postby kripakrish Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:51 pm

I read so many things but I still do not have clear understanding of difference between
personnel assessment tool,team perf assessments,prjct performance appraisal in HR management?
indusharma

Re: Pls explain

Postby indusharma Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:46 am

Lets talk about these one by one :

"personnel assessment tool" - as the name says these are the TOOLS which can be used for activities related with Team performance.
PMBOK5 page # 278
These tools help project managers assess the team preferences, aspirations, how they process and
organize information, how they tend to make decisions, and how they prefer to interact with people.
Various tools are available such as attitudinal surveys, specific assessments, structured interviews, ability
tests, and focus groups. These tools can provide improved understanding, trust, commitment, and communications
among team members and facilitate more productive teams throughout the project

Now Team Performance Assessments

In the process of Develop Project team, we need to see how much the project team development activities like training, team building, and colocation are effective. So here we assess the team performance not individuals

PMBOK5, pg # 278
The performance of a successful team is measured in terms of technical success according to agreed-upon
project objectives (including quality levels), performance on project schedule (finished on time), and performance
on budget (finished within financial constraints). High-performance teams are characterized by these task-oriented
and results-oriented outcomes.

Project performance appraisal is meant for Performance appraisal of Individual team members. Like the ones we face in our organizations... :)
PMBOK5, pg # 282
Objectives for conducting performance appraisals during the course of a project can include clarification of
roles and responsibilities, constructive feedback to team members, discovery of unknown or unresolved issues,
development of individual training plans, and the establishment of specific goals for future time periods.

Let me know if u need more details on it
Indu Sharma
PMP Trainer
iZenbridge Consultancy Pvt Ltd
indusharma

Re: Pls explain

Postby indusharma Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:06 am

@Kripa, Please let me know do you more discussion on this or can we close it.

Regards
Indu Sharma
PMP Trainer
iZenbridge Consultancy Pvt Ltd

Return to “PMP® Queries and Tips”