Question

Exclusive forum for iZenBirdge PMP® clients
KaurP
Participant
Participant

Question

Postby KaurP Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:45 am

Which of the following processes must be carried out first after completing first phase and before moving to next phase?

Identify stakeholders
Define Scope
Develop project Mgmt plan
Develop Project Charter

Can you help me with this answer along with explanation.

At every phase we perform P-D-C-A.
I am assuming a situation wherein the final deliverable will be produced in multiple phases with a specified milestone at every phase. At the end of every phase we compare the deliverable with business documents, project Mgmt plan and project Charter and decide what to do next-- whether to continue or not. If continues we follow P-A-C-A again.

By 'Plan' do we mean that we will start from Developing a Charter again for the phase which is a part of an ongoing project lifecycle?

Thanks!
manishpn
Expert
Expert

Re: Question

Postby manishpn Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:21 am

KaurP wrote:Which of the following processes must be carried out first after completing first phase and before moving to next phase?

Identify stakeholders
Define Scope
Develop project Mgmt plan
Develop Project Charter

Can you help me with this answer along with explanation.

At every phase we perform P-D-C-A.
I am assuming a situation wherein the final deliverable will be produced in multiple phases with a specified milestone at every phase. At the end of every phase we compare the deliverable with business documents, project Mgmt plan and project Charter and decide what to do next-- whether to continue or not. If continues we follow P-A-C-A again.

your understanding with PDCA is correct, at send of every phase or start of every phase we first validate if the business case is still valid, (1.2.4.3)

By 'Plan' do we mean that we will start from Developing a Charter again for the phase which is a part of an ongoing project lifecycle?
Usually Project charter is developed only once in the project and seldom modified , however some project also has develop project charter process at specified points in the project but not necessarily at start of each phase

If we look at option and try to eliminate
Identify stakeholders - I will go with this option
Define Scope - this can only be done once we have revised list of stakeholders in place
Develop project Mgmt plan - Again stakeholders needed
Develop Project Charter - Can be a candidate but we normally dont write PC at start of every phase

Thanks!
Br,
Manish P
PMP, PMI - ACP, SAFe Agilist
http://www.izenbridge.com/blog/7-effect ... ification/

Return to “PMP® Queries and Tips”