Procurement - Process Control Procurements

Exclusive forum for iZenBirdge PMP® clients
Venkat
Contributor
Contributor

Procurement - Process Control Procurements

Postby Venkat Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:36 am

Hi,

What is the difference between Procurement Performace review and performance reporting (T&Ts of control procurement)?
I couldn't find any difference between them, could you please explain?

Thanks,
Venkat
sandipfasate
Beginner
Beginner

Re: Procurement - Process Control Procurements

Postby sandipfasate Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:06 am

Hi Venkat,

Procurement performance review is the contract montoring and checking the performance of vendor against contractual obligations however performce reprting is the performace appraisal of indivdual team memeber working on the project...

Saket

Please confirm my thought process...

Thank you

Sandip
namita

Postby namita Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:13 am

Performance reporting is nothing but keeping track of work getting done. We do it for non outsourced work also. In the similar way we need to do it for the work getting done by seller as well. So that during M&C project work process, we get holistic view of full project performance. WPI from control procurement is coming out by this T&T which eventually get fed to M&C project work process

Procurement performance reviews is more specific to contractual progress monitoring and evaluating if this are happening fine or some process changes decisions are required which will eventually call for contract changes. We may do Procurement performance review to come up with performance reporting. However reporting (as clear from its name) will supply data/stats/metrics whereas Procurement performance reviews are driven by actions

I hope its clear, If not please feel free to ask follow up question
Venkat
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Venkat Tue Jun 24, 2014 12:16 pm

It's clear now, thanks Namita.

Return to “PMP® Queries and Tips”