Procurement

Exclusive forum for iZenBirdge PMP® clients
KaurP
Participant
Participant

Procurement

Postby KaurP Sun May 20, 2018 8:40 am

Hi,

As far as I have understood RFI is used by buyer to get more info from seller regarding the goods or services to be acquired. I believe buyer can do that just after he receives the proposals in response to the advertisement and even after bidder conference, if more clarification is required on revised proposals. Is that right?

PMBOK: RFI is typically be followed by RFP & RFQ
RITA: ''RFI doesn't belong to 'types of procurement' documents' in reality..It might be used before procurement documents are created... '' Screenshots from PMBOK and RITA are attached.

When a buyer (PM) first contacts the procurement department/ procurement manager
to get the information about qualified sellers for his work, does that also fall under 'RFI'?

Is RFI a bid document/procurement document? A bit confusing..

Thanks!
Attachments
Rita RFI.png
Rita RFI.png (130.04 KiB) Viewed 437 times
PMBOK RFI.png
PMBOK RFI.png (86.87 KiB) Viewed 437 times
Last edited by KaurP on Sat Jun 09, 2018 4:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
manishpn
Expert
Expert

Re: Procurement

Postby manishpn Sun May 20, 2018 5:49 pm

KaurP wrote:Hi,

As far as I have understood RFI is used by buyer to get more info from seller regarding the goods or services to be acquired. I believe buyer can do that just after he receives the proposals in response to the advertisement and even after bidder conference, if more clarification is required on revised proposals. Is that right?

PMBOK: RFI is typically be followed by RFP & RFQ
RITA: ''RFI doesn't belong to 'types of procurement' documents' in reality..It might be used before procurement documents are created... '' Screenshots from PMBOK and RITA are attached.

When a buyer (PM) first contacts the procurement department/ procurement manager
to get the information about qualified sellers for his work, does that also falls under 'RFI'?

Is RFI a bid document/procurement document? A bit confusing..

RFI is a BID document, it is the first document submitted by seller at the start of the bid, always refer to PMBOK when in doubt

Thanks!
Br,
Manish P
PMP, PMI - ACP, SAFe Agilist
http://www.izenbridge.com/blog/7-effect ... ification/
KaurP
Participant
Participant

Postby KaurP Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:28 am

Hi,

Can you check the steps of conducting Procurement and let me know if they are correct-

Buyer gives the Advertisement -> Buyer receive sellers response -> If buyer needs more info from Sellers on goods & services to be acquired buyer sends RFI -> Seller submits the requested info.
if seller has any question or needs any info-> Buyer send IFB to sellers and address their queries in Bidder Conference -> then Buyer seds RFP or RFQ -> Sellers send the proposal or Quotation.
manishpn
Expert
Expert

Postby manishpn Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:04 am

KaurP wrote:Hi,

Can you check the steps of conducting Procurement and let me know if they are correct-

Buyer gives the Advertisement -> Buyer receive sellers response -> If buyer needs more info from Sellers on goods & services to be acquired buyer sends RFI -> Seller submits the requested info.
if seller has any question or needs any info-> Buyer send IFB to sellers and address their queries in Bidder Conference -> then Buyer seds RFP or RFQ -> Sellers send the proposal or Quotation.

in general ok, also note
Adv is not always used, if its RFP, usually email is sent to pre qualified vendors.
Br,
Manish P
PMP, PMI - ACP, SAFe Agilist
http://www.izenbridge.com/blog/7-effect ... ification/

Return to “PMP® Queries and Tips”