Duration Estimates

Exclusive forum for iZenBirdge PMP® clients
KaurP
Participant
Participant
Posts: 94
Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2018 4:08 am

Duration Estimates

Postby KaurP Tue May 08, 2018 8:00 am

PMBOK says ‘Duration estimates do not include any lags or leads however it may include some indication of the range of possible results. For example:

A range of 2 weeks ± 2 days, which indicates that the activity will take at least 8 days and not more than 12 (assuming a 5-day work week); or

A 15% probability of exceeding 3 weeks, which indicates a high probability—85%—that the activity will take 3 weeks or less.

Indications look similar to lead & lag. Can you please explain how they are different?

Thanks!!
seema.sonkiya
Expert
Expert
Posts: 2113
Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:57 am

Re: Duration Estimates

Postby seema.sonkiya Wed May 09, 2018 5:23 am

Please post in exclusive area. I am moving there.
KaurP
Participant
Participant
Posts: 94
Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2018 4:08 am

Re: Duration Estimates

Postby KaurP Sat May 12, 2018 12:14 pm

Awaiting your response.

Thank you!
manishpn
Expert
Expert
Posts: 2539
Joined: Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:55 pm

Re: Duration Estimates

Postby manishpn Sat May 12, 2018 4:48 pm

KaurP wrote:PMBOK says ‘Duration estimates do not include any lags or leads however it may include some indication of the range of possible results. For example:

A range of 2 weeks ± 2 days, which indicates that the activity will take at least 8 days and not more than 12 (assuming a 5-day work week); or

A 15% probability of exceeding 3 weeks, which indicates a high probability—85%—that the activity will take 3 weeks or less.

Indications look similar to lead & lag. Can you please explain how they are different?

Thanks!!


estimation range is not same as lead and lag kindly watch videos again if you do not understand as this is basic concept.
Lead and Lag are only introduced when you link different activities and introduce a relationship (like SF, FS etc)
if you look at definition of lead and Lag you will understand it better
Br,
Manish P
PMP, PMI - ACP, SAFe Agilist
http://www.izenbridge.com/blog/7-effect ... ification/

Return to “PMP® Queries and Tips”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 10 guests