Control Procurement : Difference between inspection, audit and procurement performance review

Exclusive forum for iZenBirdge PMP® clients
chiya.tandon

Control Procurement : Difference between inspection, audit and procurement performance review

Postby chiya.tandon Thu May 03, 2018 10:28 am

Hello,

Please let me know if my understanding is correct for following tools in control procurement

Inspection - Is review of deliverables by seller. Usually checklist is prepared to do inspection.

Audit - is review of procurement process followed by seller.

Procurement performance review - Review of seller's progress to deliver project scope and quality within cost and schedule. It can be done by inspection or audit

Thanks,
Neha.
manishpn
Expert
Expert

Re: Control Procurement : Difference between inspection, audit and procurement performance review

Postby manishpn Sun May 06, 2018 7:50 pm

chiya.tandon wrote:Hello,

Please let me know if my understanding is correct for following tools in control procurement

Inspection - Is review of deliverable by seller. Usually checklist is prepared to do inspection.,
Inspection is T and T used in 3 different KA , as far as procurement is concerned its veryfying the deliverables wrt scope of work in contract

Audit - is review of procurement process followed by seller. not just procurement process but also contracts compliance, i.e. are we (both the parties acting in compliance with the contracts)

Procurement performance review - Review of seller's progress to deliver project scope and quality within cost and schedule. It can be done by inspection or audit

Procurement process is typically from the buy decision to closure of contracts is not just about the vensodrs performance.

Thanks,
Neha.
Br,
Manish P
PMP, PMI - ACP, SAFe Agilist
http://www.izenbridge.com/blog/7-effect ... ification/

Return to “PMP® Queries and Tips”