Work Performance Reports & Develop PM plan

Exclusive forum for iZenBirdge PMP® clients
aarkay
Beginner
Beginner

Work Performance Reports & Develop PM plan

Postby aarkay Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:21 pm

Hello,

In Figure XI-1: Refined data Model, page 467 of PMBOK, it is shown that Work Performance Reports (generated by M&C Project Work) are used in/input to Develop Project Management Plan process.

Can someone please clarify how Work Performance Reports can be used in Develop Project Management Plan process?

Thanks!
Rohini.
ajaynit
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Work Performance Reports & Develop PM plan

Postby ajaynit Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:28 am

let me try answering with whatever limited knowledge i have, others can correct me if needed.

you made a plan for shopping on sunday (07 Jan) 1 pm-7pm .so shopping is your project and you have made project management plan for shopping like :
scope as 3 Gowns(Plan scope mngmt)
budget as 9k (Plan cost mngmt) thinking 3 k per gown
time as 6 hrs (Plan schedule mngmt) thinking 2 hrs per gown

project (shopping) has started so execution has started and at 3 pm you want to see what and all things done or not done (monitor & control). so your:

work performance data says: 1 gown bought, 8k spent

work performance information says: cost variance is high bcoz instead of 3k per gown you have already spent 8k on one, schedule and scope going as per plan.

work performance report says:project is overbudget but on track in terms of schedule, 33% scope delivered

now you need to change your plan ( like increase initially planned overall budget of 9k to 24k) documented in PMP and come up with a modification in your intial plan so its kinda iterative process .. hence is work performance report needed to develop the PMP..

hope i was able to make some sense....
aarkay
Beginner
Beginner

Re: Work Performance Reports & Develop PM plan

Postby aarkay Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:57 pm

Ajay, thanks for the explanation.. makes sense.

Return to “PMP® Queries and Tips”