Project Stakeholders

Exclusive forum for iZenBirdge PMP® clients
ajaynit
Contributor
Contributor

Project Stakeholders

Postby ajaynit Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:38 am

in the introduction video of stakeholder management, saket refers people surrounding Project team as stakeholders like customer, sponsor,functional manager etc..
so with that logic Project team will include (from IT industry prospective) poeple like developers, testers, architects etc.

now in another video, where Power interest matrix is shown,the example of person with high interest and low power is given as architect who happens to be a project team member?

with above stuffs my concept of stakeholder seems to be little bit wavering here and there and hence making me confused..

can someone please clafiry if Project team (memebers) are also considered as stakeholders??
i believe they should be as per the definition of stakeohlders by PMBOK

Many thanks.
manishpn
Expert
Expert

Re: Project Stakeholders

Postby manishpn Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:45 am

ajaynit wrote:in the introduction video of stakeholder management, saket refers people surrounding Project team as stakeholders like customer, sponsor,functional manager etc..
so with that logic Project team will include (from IT industry prospective) poeple like developers, testers, architects etc.

now in another video, where Power interest matrix is shown,the example of person with high interest and low power is given as architect who happens to be a project team member?

with above stuffs my concept of stakeholder seems to be little bit wavering here and there and hence making me confused..

can someone please clafiry if Project team (memebers) are also considered as stakeholders??
i believe they should be as per the definition of stakeohlders by PMBOK

Many thanks.

yes all team members are stakeholders, however usually all of them are of low power as they report into PM for the project duration and hence PM does not spend too much time in categorizing project team members in stakeholders grid/matrix
Br,
Manish P
PMP, PMI - ACP, SAFe Agilist
http://www.izenbridge.com/blog/7-effect ... ification/

Return to “PMP® Queries and Tips”