Conflict resolution

Exclusive forum for iZenBirdge PMP® clients
suresi00
Contributor
Contributor

Conflict resolution

Postby suresi00 Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:36 pm

A project team member has been having a big disagreement with another team member for over
two months when the other team members become involved. The issues are complex, but you
have specific experience in the area and know what needs to be done. The BEST choice would be
to:
A. Make the decision yourself.
B. Strive for fair resolution of the issue.
C. Ask the other team members to stay out of the issue.
D. Bring the team together and work out the issue to a win-win solution.

It is not clear to me the scenario. It seems like the conflict is still going on . You as a PM has to do something. Their answer B didn't give me any idea
manishpn
Expert
Expert

Re: Conflict resolution

Postby manishpn Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:03 pm

suresi00 wrote:A project team member has been having a big disagreement with another team member for over
two months when the other team members become involved. The issues are complex, but you
have specific experience in the area and know what needs to be done. The BEST choice would be
to:

it would be good to see the justification for option B
As usual when in doubt try elimination.
Also key information in question is you as PM has knowledge and know what best has to be done, so I would go with problem solving all other conflict resolutions does not fit here

A. Make the decision yourself - not good option as team is involved , there is no time pressure so team should be taken into confidence
B. Strive for fair resolution of the issue.
C. Ask the other team members to stay out of the issue. - that is an extreme decision
D. Bring the team together and work out the issue to a win-win solution. This could be an option as well if team members trust each other but the question say there is a big disagreement for 2 months

It is not clear to me the scenario. It seems like the conflict is still going on . You as a PM has to do something. Their answer B didn't give me any idea
Br,
Manish P
PMP, PMI - ACP, SAFe Agilist
http://www.izenbridge.com/blog/7-effect ... ification/

Return to “PMP® Queries and Tips”