Stakeholder and decision making

Exclusive forum for iZenBirdge PMP® clients
suresi00
Contributor
Contributor

Stakeholder and decision making

Postby suresi00 Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:45 pm

As project manager, you have met with the stakeholders, and certain high-profile stakeholders have provided you with a series of change requests that fundamentally alter the project and raise the risk to an unacceptably high level. The stakeholders have heard your explanation of this, but they remain insistent that the new functionality is needed. Which option below would be most appropriate?
A. Explain to the stakeholders that their request cannot be fulfilled.
B. Stall the stakeholders until the request becomes irrelevant.
C. Remove these stakeholders from your list of stakeholders and exclude them from further project correspondence.
D. Call a meeting with the project team to help resolve the problem.

My question is we explained to them already and they remain insistent. What is the difference between the answer A and the highlighted sentence. If the highlighted sentence was not there I would have answered A.

Any thoughts?
manishpn
Expert
Expert

Re: Stakeholder and decision making

Postby manishpn Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:47 pm

suresi00 wrote:As project manager, you have met with the stakeholders, and certain high-profile stakeholders have provided you with a series of change requests that fundamentally alter the project and raise the risk to an unacceptably high level. The stakeholders have heard your explanation of this, but they remain insistent that the new functionality is needed. Which option below would be most appropriate?
A. Explain to the stakeholders that their request cannot be fulfilled.
B. Stall the stakeholders until the request becomes irrelevant.
C. Remove these stakeholders from your list of stakeholders and exclude them from further project correspondence.
D. Call a meeting with the project team to help resolve the problem.

My question is we explained to them already and they remain insistent. What is the difference between the answer A and the highlighted sentence. If the highlighted sentence was not there I would have answered A.

I do not get your query
Any thoughts?
Br,
Manish P
PMP, PMI - ACP, SAFe Agilist
http://www.izenbridge.com/blog/7-effect ... ification/
suresi00
Contributor
Contributor

Postby suresi00 Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:33 pm

Why are we explaining to stakeholder again ? Why the answer is A
kushalks87
Contributor
Contributor

Postby kushalks87 Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:21 pm

i would go for D as i am done explaining to the customer but he is very rigid in his approach
ajaynit
Contributor
Contributor

Postby ajaynit Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:52 am

what should be the answer here? if answer is A then as sures said its highlighted in question that stakholders are already explained about its then why again to follow again approach mentioned in option A ..
manishpn
Expert
Expert

Postby manishpn Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:59 am

if not A which option makes sense?
B and C are ruled out.
D, could be an option if PM was not sure what has to be done, PM is sure that these requirements will raise project risk to an unacceptable level so how can team help
In such scenarios elimination technique is the way to choose to option.

Even if PM has communicated to stakeholders sometimes communication has to be repeated, explained in a different way to convince
Br,
Manish P
PMP, PMI - ACP, SAFe Agilist
http://www.izenbridge.com/blog/7-effect ... ification/

Return to “PMP® Queries and Tips”