Project Integration

Exclusive forum for iZenBirdge PMP® clients
suresi00
Contributor
Contributor

Project Integration

Postby suresi00 Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:33 pm

You have been authorized in a project charter to manage development of a new software product that you do not believe will succeed. You have made these feelings clear to your company, but they wish you to manage the project anyway. What would be the best course of action in this case?
A. Excuse yourself from the project charter.
B. Escalate the situation to the customer.
C. Manage the project.
D. Resign from the company.

This was tough for me, In reality I want a choice were I can talk to the sponsor or Project SC . As there are no choice I wrote the answer to excuse from the project charter, which is not practically possible. In strong matrix you may not have the luxury to do that.
The answer is manage the project ,

Question is Manish sir is it ethically right?
manishpn
Expert
Expert

Re: Project Integration

Postby manishpn Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:14 pm

suresi00 wrote:You have been authorized in a project charter to manage development of a new software product that you do not believe will succeed. You have made these feelings clear to your company, but they wish you to manage the project anyway. What would be the best course of action in this case?
lets go with elimination

A. Excuse yourself from the project charter. - thats not ethical just because PM has a perception of project not succeeding PM cannot excuse itself from project management responsibilities
B. Escalate the situation to the customer. - NO need
C. Manage the project.
D. Resign from the company. - this is also an extreme and illogical step to take

This was tough for me, In reality I want a choice were I can talk to the sponsor or Project SC . As there are no choice I wrote the answer to excuse from the project charter, which is not practically possible. In strong matrix you may not have the luxury to do that.
The answer is manage the project ,

Question is Manish sir is it ethically right?
Br,
Manish P
PMP, PMI - ACP, SAFe Agilist
http://www.izenbridge.com/blog/7-effect ... ification/

Return to “PMP® Queries and Tips”