One day bangalore & kolkata

notify stakeholders

Exclusive forum for iZenBirdge PMP® clients
kushalks87
Contributor
Contributor

notify stakeholders

Postby kushalks87 Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:34 pm

While performing an audit on a project run by another project manager, a certified
PMP, you find that project processes have not been followed, and that company
procurement policies have been repeatedly violated. What do you do?
A. Develop a plan to deal with the associated problems.
B. Ask the project manager to explain why these things have happened.
C. Notify the appropriate management immediately.
D. File a complaint with PMI

I answered B however the answer given is below. I recall reading somewhere that PMI doesn't favor escalation and is always used as last resort. Why cant the PM first use confront method as first step?

C - The other project manager has failed to follow proper policies and processes. You must
report the findings to the appropriate management immediately. Project managers are
required by the code of ethics to report errors and omissions to the appropriate management,
whether they have been made by themselves or by someone else
suresi00
Contributor
Contributor

Re: notify stakeholders

Postby suresi00 Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:47 am

Here the difference is he is doing audit of the process , basically looking for the procedures followed and any flaws will be reported. Other point may it is procurement docs violated may have a law biding issues.
manishpn
Expert
Expert

Postby manishpn Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:23 am

kushalks87 wrote:While performing an audit on a project run by another project manager, a certified
PMP, you find that project processes have not been followed, and that company
procurement policies have been repeatedly violated. What do you do?
A. Develop a plan to deal with the associated problems.
B. Ask the project manager to explain why these things have happened.
C. Notify the appropriate management immediately.
D. File a complaint with PMI

I answered B however the answer given is below. I recall reading somewhere that PMI doesn't favor escalation and is always used as last resort. Why cant the PM first use confront method as first step?

C - The other project manager has failed to follow proper policies and processes. You must
report the findings to the appropriate management immediately. Project managers are
required by the code of ethics to report errors and omissions to the appropriate management,
whether they have been made by themselves or by someone else

Its usually not so easy to pin point at ethical related questions, in this scenario 'company
procurement policies have been repeatedly violated' is a serious issue, this is not something that can be ignored by just asking the PM, it is was one of the violation then we can understand that it could be mistake or lack of knowledge by PM, but repeated violation is an issue needs to be immediately raised to senior management
Br,
Manish P
PMP, PMI - ACP, SAFe Agilist
http://www.izenbridge.com/blog/7-effect ... ification/
kushalks87
Contributor
Contributor

Postby kushalks87 Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:15 am

Hmm with your explanation it makes sense Manish sir. What are your tips on this kind of questions? I always get these wrong
manishpn
Expert
Expert

Postby manishpn Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:00 pm

read question carefully to get catch right statement/word that can help you choose option
Br,
Manish P
PMP, PMI - ACP, SAFe Agilist
http://www.izenbridge.com/blog/7-effect ... ification/

Return to “PMP® Queries and Tips”