One day bangalore & kolkata

communication management plan vs stake holder register

Exclusive forum for iZenBirdge PMP® clients
balaji1987
Beginner
Beginner

communication management plan vs stake holder register

Postby balaji1987 Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:38 am

You are managing the execution of the project work on a job site to convert an old hospital to new medical center for a customer. One of the contracted electrician has discovered the elective wiring Doesn’t not meet current wiring standard , you analyze the situation and discuss options with the project team members including the contractor.
The best option in this situation is to replace the wiring. To ensure the project stays on schedule the contactor will need to bring in four additional electricians. The cost for rewiring with additional help is 10k$ . after documenting issue in the issue log, you need to bring attention to the customer, what will you do FIRST.

1. Call the customer on the phone
2. Refer to the stake holder register
3. Set aside time to meet with the customer
4. Check the communication management plan

I choose option 2. Stake holder register , but right answer was #4. They say like : first thing is to check the communication management plan. Please let me know why I need to check the communication management plan instead of stakeholder register.
manishpn
Expert
Expert

Re: communication management plan vs stake holder register

Postby manishpn Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:42 pm

balaji1987 wrote:You are managing the execution of the project work on a job site to convert an old hospital to new medical center for a customer. One of the contracted electrician has discovered the elective wiring Doesn’t not meet current wiring standard , you analyze the situation and discuss options with the project team members including the contractor.
The best option in this situation is to replace the wiring. To ensure the project stays on schedule the contactor will need to bring in four additional electricians. The cost for rewiring with additional help is 10k$ . after documenting issue in the issue log, you need to bring attention to the customer, what will you do FIRST.

1. Call the customer on the phone
2. Refer to the stake holder register
3. Set aside time to meet with the customer
4. Check the communication management plan

you would refer to stakeholder if you have any challenges with stakeholders or need some guidance on ways of engaging them, in this case there is a need to communicate the issue to relevant stakeholder and there is no need to refer stakeholder register

I choose option 2. Stake holder register , but right answer was #4. They say like : first thing is to check the communication management plan. Please let me know why I need to check the communication management plan instead of stakeholder register.
Br,
Manish P
PMP, PMI - ACP, SAFe Agilist
http://www.izenbridge.com/blog/7-effect ... ification/
balaji1987
Beginner
Beginner

Re: communication management plan vs stake holder register

Postby balaji1987 Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:41 am

Thanks Manish

Return to “PMP® Queries and Tips”