Reward system

Exclusive forum for iZenBirdge PMP® clients
suresi00
Contributor
Contributor

Reward system

Postby suresi00 Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:34 pm

You are the project manager for a large project that is completed on time and on budget. The customer and all of the stakeholders are pleased with the results. As a direct result of the successful completion of the project, your manager approves a bonus of $25,000 for you. There are fifteen members of the project team. One of the people in the project
team has been a very low contributor to the project; the other fourteen have all been above standard. What should you do with the money?

a. Keep the money yourself; you deserve it. And the manager gave it to you
b. Divide the money equally among all the team members
c. Ask the team members how they would divide the money
d. Divide the money equally among the team members except for the substandard
team member
manishpn
Expert
Expert

Re: Reward system

Postby manishpn Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:46 pm

suresi00 wrote:You are the project manager for a large project that is completed on time and on budget. The customer and all of the stakeholders are pleased with the results. As a direct result of the successful completion of the project, your manager approves a bonus of $25,000 for you. There are fifteen members of the project team. One of the people in the project
team has been a very low contributor to the project; the other fourteen have all been above standard. What should you do with the money?

I will go with elimination

a. Keep the money yourself; you deserve it. And the manager gave it to you - Not ethical
b. Divide the money equally among all the team members - This will be unfair for performing members
c. Ask the team members how they would divide the money - this leaves me with option C, although I am not 100% convinced with this option
d. Divide the money equally among the team members except for the substandard
team member - Sub standard team member is still working so not giving him anything is not good
Br,
Manish P
PMP, PMI - ACP, SAFe Agilist
http://www.izenbridge.com/blog/7-effect ... ification/
kushalks87
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Reward system

Postby kushalks87 Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:50 am

i would say B, for the very reason that the non performing member is still part of unit and you need to reward them even if the team doesn't like it. Very tough question indeed.

Return to “PMP® Queries and Tips”