Change request

Exclusive forum for iZenBirdge PMP® clients
suresi00
Contributor
Contributor

Change request

Postby suresi00 Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:10 pm

You are managing a software project that is due for design document release next week. An influential stakeholder asks you to add a feature to the existing design. This stakeholder has earlier made unreasonable demands during the last days of release. What is the best you can do in this situation?

1. Report his behavior to the senior Manager and suggest that he no longer be associated with your project as a stakeholder
2. As this person is influential, you have no option but to listen to him and add the functionality
3. Determine the impact of this change on your schedule and their constraints before taking a decision
4. Ask him to raise a written change request and then follow integrated change control

What is the answer ? After viewing saket video I believe it is 4.
manishpn
Expert
Expert

Re: Change request

Postby manishpn Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:20 pm

suresi00 wrote:You are managing a software project that is due for design document release next week. An influential stakeholder asks you to add a feature to the existing design. This stakeholder has earlier made unreasonable demands during the last days of release. What is the best you can do in this situation?

1. Report his behavior to the senior Manager and suggest that he no longer be associated with your project as a stakeholder
2. As this person is influential, you have no option but to listen to him and add the functionality
3. Determine the impact of this change on your schedule and their constraints before taking a decision
4. Ask him to raise a written change request and then follow integrated change control

What is the answer ? After viewing saket video I believe it is 4.

yes I would agree with option #4.
Br,
Manish P
PMP, PMI - ACP, SAFe Agilist
http://www.izenbridge.com/blog/7-effect ... ification/

Return to “PMP® Queries and Tips”