One day bangalore & kolkata

Mock Question #3 Clarification on Change Request

Exclusive forum for iZenBirdge PMP® clients
balaji1987
Beginner
Beginner

Mock Question #3 Clarification on Change Request

Postby balaji1987 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:17 am

Shankar is a project manager and is surprised to see issues being reported while his project work is being performed. What should Shankar do next?
Options:
A: Raise a Change Request
B: Fix the issues found using defect repair
C: Document the plan for the corrective and preventive actions
D: Add this to the risk register

Clarification :
1. Raise a CR, yes, Even small scope change which needs to be changed requires CR or some resources needs to be changed , my choice was raise a CR. But, was confused if CR can be raised during execution.
2. Fix the issues found using defect repair - Can be done at end of execution, maybe during QC process.
4. Add this to risk register - I was surprised to get #D as the answer, Why we need to add to the risk register. There is no purpose of adding to risk register right ?

In Few questions, PM needs to find the immediate solution - example in the above case - The issue can be resolved by fixing it as part of raising a bug or defect. Please clarify
manishpn
Expert
Expert

Re: Mock Question #3 Clarification on Change Request

Postby manishpn Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:27 pm

balaji1987 wrote:Shankar is a project manager and is surprised to see issues being reported while his project work is being performed. What should Shankar do next?
Options:
A: Raise a Change Request - issues does not mean a change is requested and hence no change is needed for now
B: Fix the issues found using defect repair - Issues does not mean there is a defect so no need for defect repair
C: Document the plan for the corrective and preventive actions - Issues does not specify if there is any preventive or corrective action
D: Add this to the risk register - the questions does not mention 1 or 2 issues , theres since several issues are raised and this can potentially impact the project in many ways, so this is a risk and has to be added as risk

Clarification :
1. Raise a CR, yes, Even small scope change which needs to be changed requires CR or some resources needs to be changed , my choice was raise a CR. But, was confused if CR can be raised during execution.
2. Fix the issues found using defect repair - Can be done at end of execution, maybe during QC process.
4. Add this to risk register - I was surprised to get #D as the answer, Why we need to add to the risk register. There is no purpose of adding to risk register right ?

In Few questions, PM needs to find the immediate solution - example in the above case - The issue can be resolved by fixing it as part of raising a bug or defect. Please clarify
Br,
Manish P
PMP, PMI - ACP, SAFe Agilist
http://www.izenbridge.com/blog/7-effect ... ification/
balaji1987
Beginner
Beginner

Postby balaji1987 Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:48 am

Thanks, Manish,
In real time (@ work) we use issue, bug, defect. so that confused me.

Defects - fixes needed
issues - multiple - put it in risk register and track. (perform qualitative and quantitative and have a risk response
manishpn
Expert
Expert

Postby manishpn Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:21 am

manishpn wrote:
balaji1987 wrote:Shankar is a project manager and is surprised to see issues being reported while his project work is being performed. What should Shankar do next?
Options:
A: Raise a Change Request - issues does not mean a change is requested and hence no change is needed for now
B: Fix the issues found using defect repair - Issues does not mean there is a defect so no need for defect repair
C: Document the plan for the corrective and preventive actions - Issues does not specify if there is any preventive or corrective action needed
D: Add this to the risk register - the questions does not mention 1 or 2 issues , theres since several issues are raised and this can potentially impact the project in many ways, so this is a risk and has to be added as risk

Clarification :

Br,
Manish P
PMP, PMI - ACP, SAFe Agilist
http://www.izenbridge.com/blog/7-effect ... ification/

Return to “PMP® Queries and Tips”