CSM Forum Banner

Work package

Exclusive forum for iZenBirdge PMP® clients
rajatahaali
Beginner
Beginner

Work package

Postby rajatahaali Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:05 pm

Can you please clarify what a work packages is.

I understand that work package consists of work orders against some stipulated schedule . They do mention the activities and details of the work required and also mention the desirable result from activities performed.

Which of the following defines a document that provides detailed deliverable, activity, and scheduling information about each component in the work breakdown structure?

Control Account
Planning Package
Work package
WBS Dictionary

Based on my understanding I chose work package . However, answer was WBS Dictonary . I rejected WBS Dictionary since in my view WBS Dictionary should not contain scheduling information.
kapil.bhauryal
Beginner
Beginner

Re: Work package

Postby kapil.bhauryal Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:49 am

WBS Dictonary
manishpn
Expert
Expert

Re: Work package

Postby manishpn Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:41 pm

rajatahaali wrote:Can you please clarify what a work packages is.

I understand that work package consists of work orders against some stipulated schedule .
Work package is the lowest level component of a WBS, do not confuse it with work order , Work package will not contain any schedule related information
They do mention the activities and details of the work required and also mention the desirable result from activities performed.

Which of the following defines a document that provides detailed deliverable, activity, and scheduling information about each component in the work breakdown structure?

Control Account
Planning Package
Work package
WBS Dictionary

Based on my understanding I chose work package . However, answer was WBS Dictonary . I rejected WBS Dictionary since in my view WBS Dictionary should not contain scheduling information.
WBS dictionary contains schedule milestones apart from many other information, refer to 5.4.3.1

Br,
Manish P
PMP, PMI - ACP, SAFe Agilist
http://www.izenbridge.com/blog/7-effect ... ification/

Return to “PMP® Queries and Tips”