CSM Forum Banner

Work Performance Data , Report and Information

Exclusive forum for iZenBirdge PMP® clients
deepa_kanyal

Work Performance Data , Report and Information

Postby deepa_kanyal Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:15 pm

Hi,
I am going through the Project Integration Management chapter. In this chapter I read that Work Performance Data is the output of Direct and Manage project work (Execution process group) . But it is not an input for Monitor and Control project work (M & C process group) . Instead Work Performance Information is the input for this process. Request you please help me understand the gap and the flow; like in which process this Work Performance Data is converted to Work Performance Information and in which process group does each of these falls.

Note: I have seen the video of lesson 3 but I could not identify the process groups these falls into, especially Work Performance Information.
saket
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Work Performance Data , Report and Information

Postby saket Sat Mar 11, 2017 1:20 am

Few points :

1. If you are going though videos first time , this may is going to be valid confusion, once you are done with complete PMBOK once this should become easy.

2. I suggest not to understand the PMBOK processes like electronic processes where we focus on input and output connections but rather understand what they really mean in projects.

Your question:

In which process this Work Performance Data is converted to Work Performance Information and in which process group does each of these falls.

All knowledge Areas (exception Human Resource) has process (like Control Scope , Control Cost etc) in Monitoring and Controlling process group where work performance data relevant to that knowledge area get converted in work performance information.

If you have already gone though complete PMBOK and this still confuses you, i recommend looking at following discussions on this topic.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2275&p=8357

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1241&p=4335
Explore our online PMP Program , it makes PMP Easy :-) http://goo.gl/ZmD3xF

Image Image Image Image
Prachi Bansal

Postby Prachi Bansal Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:06 am

Hi,

Work Performance Data is the output of Direct and Manage Project Work (from Project Integration Management) and is input to all the processes of Monitoring and Control Process Group (except Perform Integrated Change Control process from Project Integration Management).

Work Performance Information is the an output to all the processes of Monitoring and Control Process Group (except Perform Integrated Change Control from Project Integration Management). Now, WPI (from all M&C Processes) become an input to Preform Integrated Change Control and to which Work Performance Report is an output.
sm365
Beginner
Beginner

Postby sm365 Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:39 am

DMPW generates WPD which is input to all M&C processes from Scope to Stakeholder.
WPI is not an input to PICC. WPIs from all control processes is input to MCPW. MCPW generates WPR which goes as an input to PICC.
manishpn
Expert
Expert

Postby manishpn Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:10 am

So is there any query here which you need help?
Br,
Manish P
PMP, PMI - ACP, SAFe Agilist
http://www.izenbridge.com/blog/7-effect ... ification/

Return to “PMP® Queries and Tips”