CSM Forum Banner

Expert Judgment

Exclusive forum for iZenBirdge PMP® clients
Housam Bassal
Contributor
Contributor

Expert Judgment

Postby Housam Bassal Sun Feb 05, 2017 4:31 pm

You are bidding for a contract, however, you are not clear on one of the critical components of the Request for Proposal (RFP). Internally, you discussed this with the team and found out that you have to get outside help to give a response to the proposal, specifically on how to estimate for that critical piece. One of your professional references with whom you have worked in the past offers to provide his professional services. What will be the advantage of using the services of this professional?
A: To understand which contract type should be used.
B: To understand how to do the project funding limit reconciliation.
C: To make sure that you as a seller are safe while dealing with buyer
D: To understand and do a comparison of different estimates.

I think the correct answer is D, as the expert judgment will help PM to perform accurate estimate , and do a comparison of different estimates.
Housam Bassal
Ecuador - Quito
LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/housam-bassal-49984357
manishpn
Expert
Expert

Re: Expert Judgment

Postby manishpn Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:50 pm

Housam Bassal wrote:You are bidding for a contract, however, you are not clear on one of the critical components of the Request for Proposal (RFP). Internally, you discussed this with the team and found out that you have to get outside help to give a response to the proposal, specifically on how to estimate for that critical piece. One of your professional references with whom you have worked in the past offers to provide his professional services. What will be the advantage of using the services of this professional?

I think the correct answer is D, as the expert judgment will help PM to perform accurate estimate , and do a comparison of different estimates.

the question mentions that seller has issues with one of the critical components of the Request for Proposal but it also mentions that 'you have to get outside help to give a response to the proposal, specifically on how to estimate for that critical piece'

so its help with overall response and then the options become tricky , I would go with option C
Br,
Manish P
PMP, PMI - ACP, SAFe Agilist
http://www.izenbridge.com/blog/7-effect ... ification/
manishpn
Expert
Expert

Postby manishpn Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:51 pm

manishpn wrote:
Housam Bassal wrote:You are bidding for a contract, however, you are not clear on one of the critical components of the Request for Proposal (RFP). Internally, you discussed this with the team and found out that you have to get outside help to give a response to the proposal, specifically on how to estimate for that critical piece. One of your professional references with whom you have worked in the past offers to provide his professional services. What will be the advantage of using the services of this professional?

the question mentions that seller has issues with one of the critical components of the Request for Proposal but it also mentions that 'you have to get outside help to give a response to the proposal, specifically on how to estimate for that critical piece'

so its help with overall response and then the options become tricky , I would go with option C
wht is source of this question ? i like th quality of question
Br,
Manish P
PMP, PMI - ACP, SAFe Agilist
http://www.izenbridge.com/blog/7-effect ... ification/
Housam Bassal
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Housam Bassal Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:42 pm

it is from Edu HubSpot , however just have the question without answer and justification.
Housam Bassal
Ecuador - Quito
LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/housam-bassal-49984357
pmp_learner
Participant
Participant

Postby pmp_learner Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:50 pm

Hi Manish,
Looking at the question and given options, I also think Option C is the right answer, as Seller is not clear about one of the component.
However, I have one follow up question on that, and looking for your advise on that. When a company sends RFP to sellers, I believe that they (Sellers) should be signing ND, returening ESPQ prior receiving RFP. Per my understanding, when as a seller you sign NDA, you can't discuss about the RFP to the outsiders. In case of doubts, sellers should go back to the buyers company for clarifications or sometimes buyers company can arrange bidders conference to answer sellers queries. Can you please clarify in what situations, sellers can contact outside professionals/companies for helping them with response.

Thanks

++++++++++++++++++++++
manishpn wrote:

Housam Bassal wrote:
You are bidding for a contract, however, you are not clear on one of the critical components of the Request for Proposal (RFP). Internally, you discussed this with the team and found out that you have to get outside help to give a response to the proposal, specifically on how to estimate for that critical piece. One of your professional references with whom you have worked in the past offers to provide his professional services. What will be the advantage of using the services of this professional?

wht is source of this question ? i like th quality of question

Return to “PMP® Queries and Tips”