Grey areas in examples of OPA vs EEF

Exclusive forum for iZenBirdge PMP® clients
hareshjayanth

Grey areas in examples of OPA vs EEF

Postby hareshjayanth Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:29 am

Example No 1 - When a company are having their own developed inhouse software for monitoring the performance of the project. When a company faces some technical issues,because of the software. Can we say that this software is OPA of the company or it will considered as an EEF, affecting the project.

Example No 2 - When a company purchases a software from other company , and it is used for monitoring the performance of the project. When a company faces some technical issues,because of the software. Can we say this software, where the company does not have legal rights, is a OPA of the company
saket
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Grey areas in examples of OPA vs EEF

Postby saket Fri Mar 07, 2014 6:43 am

You will find some gray area in these two, specially when you get into policy and rules. But as far as system is concern... any IT support system in place it should be taken as Enterprise Environment factor , whenever i get confuse about it i remind myself about 7 S framework of McKinsey. which elaborates the organization environment , it talks about 7 elements and 3 of them are hard like can be seen and felt and rest 4 are soft only felt.... and all these all under enterprise environment factors

Hard Elements
Strategy
Structure
Systems

Soft Elements
Shared Values
Skills
Style
Staff
Explore our online PMP Program , it makes PMP Easy :-) http://goo.gl/ZmD3xF

Image Image Image Image

Return to “PMP® Queries and Tips”