Approved Change Request input in Control Procurement

Exclusive forum for iZenBirdge PMP® clients
sabsubs

Approved Change Request input in Control Procurement

Postby sabsubs Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:47 am

Hi

I was going through procurement management videos, and in control procurement, approved change request comes as an input and in the control procurement video, explanation for this is completely missed out. Could you pls let me know why approved change request comes as an input to control procurement and how these are handled. Particularly the flow behind approved changed request for control procurement.

Thanks
manishpn
Expert
Expert

Re: Approved Change Request input in Control Procurement

Postby manishpn Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:05 pm

PMBOK has simple explanation
'Described in Section 4.6.3.1. Approved change requests can include modifications to the terms and conditions of
the contract, including the procurement statement of work (SOW), pricing, and descriptions of the products, services, or
results to be provided. All procurement-related changes are formally documented in writing and approved before being
implemented through the Control Procurements process. In complex projects and programs, change requests may come
from sellers involved with the project that can influence other involved sellers. The project should have the capability of
identifying, communicating, and resolving changes that impact the work of multiple sellers.'

Let me know where exactly do you need help?
Br,
Manish P
PMP, PMI - ACP, SAFe Agilist
http://www.izenbridge.com/blog/7-effect ... ification/
sabsubs

Re: Approved Change Request input in Control Procurement

Postby sabsubs Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:46 am

Hi, yes I read this paragraph from PMBOK already. But I could not understand the flow of approved change request within control procurement as input. The buyer raises the CR against the agreement and gets it approved in perform integrated change control? The paragraph also talks about the seller raising the CR, if that is the case then how that will be handled within perform integrated change control? If you could detail the complete flow behind this approved CR within control procurement then it would be great.

Return to “PMP® Queries and Tips”