CSM Forum Banner

Best methodology to remember Inputs/Outputs/Tools & Tech

Exclusive forum for iZenBirdge PMP® clients
pank_pmp

Best methodology to remember Inputs/Outputs/Tools & Tech

Postby pank_pmp Mon Aug 25, 2014 3:32 pm

Hi all,

I am preparing for PMP exam and going thru Saket's prep video these days! Great Videos with explanation and its literally makes every Rita's chapter understand as soon as I read them after watching each corresponding videos. Recently, for the revision purposes I started making notes to memorize the processes I have read a day before just to keep in practice. Mostly I watch and read topic at night and try to make notes next day at work. All was well at the initial stage but as soon as I am going thru the videos I have noticed that I have started struggling to remember the inputs/outputs/tools and techniques of processes. :x

I have noticed that I partially remember them and end up taking a glance again and again. I might be able to remember few of them because of my experience on day to day live projects at work but I think I need to do something about it and adapt some methodology to have grip on each topic. I know Saket will say that every body has his own style of learning and memorizing but it seems to be too tough for me.

May be its too early for me to get worried (I haven't gone thru all Videos and PMPBOK/Rita completely not even once) but I shall appreciate any expert advice on this especially from all who have recently passed the exam (Venkat, Amit etc.).

I do not want to memorize all of them (may be some of them are required).

Hope everybody understand what I mean.

Best,
--PC
PS: Study group might be a good idea I guess :)
namita

Re: Best methodology to remember Inputs/Outputs/Tools & Tech

Postby namita Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:01 am

Hi PC,

First thing is take T&T excel sheet from our free PMP resources. There you can filter one T&T and see the connections of it.

Second, its not that important to mug up all the process and its ITTO its more important to see the connects of it with visualize the flow of ITTO. Once you are able to do that 95% of the things will be in mind and you will be able to recall at your ease. However 5% identified unknowns you may need to mug up which you can anyway as volume will be less :)

I hope this helps
pank_pmp

Postby pank_pmp Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:52 am

Thanks Namita!

After posting my concerns I did started looking at the ITTO spreadsheet mentioned by you. I think it is too early for me to getting worried about this. I shall rather go with my flow and complete watching videos and reading materials as of now. :)

Once I am at Master level I shall start looking them more actively.

Thanks for suggest though!

--PC
namita

Postby namita Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:17 am

Yes, you are right and I am sure at master level, flow of ITTO will be handy in your mind :)

Happy learning
umeshbww
Contributor
Contributor

Postby umeshbww Tue Aug 26, 2014 5:09 pm

Namita - I am facing same situation. Remembering all processes is not issue - I am able to put processes on paper in just few minutes. It is ITTO which is my main concern now. I think once I master ITTO; 50-60% of battle to capture PMBOK won automatically. I know everyone says understand processes/concepts and try to relate but it seems easy to talk than walk for me.

I really appreciate more inputs to make things easy.
GOAL : PMP Certified by 24th Sept 2014 -- ACCOMPLISHED
namita

Postby namita Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:07 am

Umesh,

I suggest the same. There won't be many questions on ITTO and even if you try very hard you may not able to mug up.

Best way is to understand the flow and look into ITTO's which are specific for one process. You can refer ITTO sheet in our free PMP resources and filter to get inter connections
jyotimayank
Expert
Expert

Postby jyotimayank Tue Apr 12, 2016 5:58 am

You can download our ITTO sheet from the link below

http://www.izenbridge.com/free-resources/downloads/
Jyoti Gupta
PMP Mentor & Coach

iZenbridge Consultancy Pvt Ltd

Return to “PMP® Queries and Tips”