Search found 17 matches

by Jahiru_Q
Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:19 pm
Forum: PMP® Queries and Tips
Topic: contingency reserve
Replies: 13
Views: 5273

contingency reserve

An activity will be delay because an identified risk has occurred. PM find contingency reserve is available. Does PM need to go through change control board or he can approved this change ?

Thanks
// Jahirul
by Jahiru_Q
Thu Jul 06, 2017 4:31 pm
Forum: PMP® Queries and Tips
Topic: Sponsoring entity
Replies: 1
Views: 1244

Sponsoring entity

The project charter should be authored by the sponsoring entity. (PMBOK 5E, pg-67)
If our organization’s portfolio manager received SoW & agreement from a buyer organization's procurement dept, then who is the Sponsoring entity?

BR//
Jahirul
by Jahiru_Q
Sun Apr 09, 2017 6:26 pm
Forum: PMP® Queries and Tips
Topic: change request.
Replies: 1
Views: 1152

change request.

After receiving a change request, i found that it is not fall in business case, project charter, project scope statement and have no benefit for the organization. then does i say no indirectly or pass CR through CCB although i know it will never accepted.
by Jahiru_Q
Sun Apr 09, 2017 4:06 pm
Forum: PMP® Queries and Tips
Topic: Scope question from rita fast trak v8
Replies: 3
Views: 1780

Re: Scope question from rita fast trak v8

Project management activities include work to ensure that the product scope is achieved.
by Jahiru_Q
Sat Apr 08, 2017 11:42 am
Forum: PMP® Queries and Tips
Topic: Scope question from rita fast trak v8
Replies: 3
Views: 1780

Scope question from rita fast trak v8

Project management activity: 1. Are distinct from both project & product scope. 2. Include work to ensure that the product scope is achieved. 3. Are included in project scope at the project manager discretion. 4. Are part of product scope & not part of project scope. My answer was 2, but as ...
by Jahiru_Q
Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:36 pm
Forum: PMP® Queries and Tips
Topic: Activity Duration Estimates
Replies: 3
Views: 1766

Re: Activity Duration Estimates

PMBOK 5E- pg 172
by Jahiru_Q
Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:35 am
Forum: PMP® Queries and Tips
Topic: Activity Duration Estimates
Replies: 3
Views: 1766

Activity Duration Estimates

From pg-172 • 2 weeks ± 2 days, which indicates that the activity will take at least eight days and not more than twelve (assuming a five-day workweek); and • 15 % probability of exceeding three weeks, which indicates a high probability—85 %—that the activity will take three weeks or less. Is there ...
by Jahiru_Q
Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:30 pm
Forum: PMP® Queries and Tips
Topic: Product oriented process
Replies: 1
Views: 1273

Product oriented process

Product oriented processes are typically defined by the project life cycle (pg-47)
could you please , explain it with an example?
by Jahiru_Q
Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:45 pm
Forum: PMP® Queries and Tips
Topic: Plan Risk Response
Replies: 3
Views: 1394

Re: Plan Risk Response

My question is , When we are planning for risk response and recommend for change then Why we Need to Go through PICC process.

As we are in planning process, Why change need to processed through perform integrated change control?
by Jahiru_Q
Mon Jan 30, 2017 7:28 pm
Forum: PMP® Queries and Tips
Topic: Plan Risk Response
Replies: 3
Views: 1394

Plan Risk Response

Change requests: Planning for possible risk responses can often result in recommendations for changes to the resources, activities, cost estimates, and other items identified during other planning processes. When such recommendations are identified, change requests are generated and processed throug...
by Jahiru_Q
Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:58 pm
Forum: PMP® Queries and Tips
Topic: Fundamental Relationships of Quality
Replies: 3
Views: 1496

Re: Fundamental Relationships of Quality

Dear Housam Bassal ,
Thanks for the link, but I couldn't found anything,
Please let me know, if other video contain this topics, as previously you also asked for this question.

BR//
JQ
by Jahiru_Q
Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:34 am
Forum: PMP® Queries and Tips
Topic: Fundamental Relationships of Quality
Replies: 3
Views: 1496

Fundamental Relationships of Quality

Dear Sir, I would appreciate if you please provide clarification of the Figure 8-2. Fundamental Relationships of Quality Assurance and Control Quality to the IPECC, PDCA, Cost of Quality Models and Project Management Process Groups at pg-231. I have searched it in forum but not found anything, Pleas...
by Jahiru_Q
Mon Dec 19, 2016 7:32 pm
Forum: PMP® Queries and Tips
Topic: Leads and Lags
Replies: 2
Views: 1314

Leads and Lags

6.3.2.3 Leads and Lags from PMBOK, pg-159
Lead is often represented as a negative value for lag in scheduling software.
could you please explain it for me.

thanks
Jahir
by Jahiru_Q
Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:19 pm
Forum: PMP® Queries and Tips
Topic: Project priority question from RITA
Replies: 2
Views: 1521

Re: Project priority question from RITA

Thanks.
BR//
Jahirul
by Jahiru_Q
Mon Dec 05, 2016 4:39 pm
Forum: PMP® Queries and Tips
Topic: Project priority question from RITA
Replies: 2
Views: 1521

Project priority question from RITA

Q. A project manager’s project has just been dropped to lower priority on his department’s prioritized list of project. It would be best for the PM to A. Use some of the management reserve to accommodate the change. B. Gain more resource C. Let the customer know the project schedule will need to sle...
by Jahiru_Q
Tue Nov 29, 2016 6:18 pm
Forum: PMP® Queries and Tips
Topic: Relationship Between Project Management and Organizational Strategy
Replies: 2
Views: 1539

Relationship Between Project Management and Organizational Strategy

Often it is the project sponsor or the portfolio or program manager who identifies alignment or potential conflicts between organizational strategies and project goals. ( PMBOK5, Pg- 15: )
Q. What kind of conflict may raise between organizational strategies and project goals?

BR//
Jahirul

Go to advanced search