CSM Forum Banner

Search found 10 matches

by shankars
Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:08 am
Forum: PMP® Open Forum
Topic: Distributions
Replies: 14
Views: 1726

Re: Distributions

My bad Bhabani.

Agreed.

Regards
Shankar
by shankars
Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:52 am
Forum: PMP® Open Forum
Topic: Distributions
Replies: 14
Views: 1726

Re: Distributions

In PMBOK5 we have triangular and beta distributions(Pg-337) as part of Tools & Technique in Quantitative Risk Analysis.
IMO Beta distribution is more applicable.

Regards
Shankar
by shankars
Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:10 am
Forum: PMP® Open Forum
Topic: Quick view on free float in a network diagram
Replies: 3
Views: 807

Quick view on free float in a network diagram

Hi
Good morning all.Apart from analysing the network diagram in detail, is there any way to easily identify the free float(using a formula) in a network diagram.

Regards
Shankar
by shankars
Wed Dec 03, 2014 4:09 pm
Forum: PMP® Open Forum
Topic: Release team no longer a viable step as part of Close proces
Replies: 3
Views: 744

Release team no longer a viable step as part of Close proces

Hi
It seems as part of the Close phase/project process, releasing the team after project completion is no longer applicable.

In the real life context or otherwise, when are we releasing the project team resources after project gets completed.

Expert opinion is requested.


Regards
Shankar
by shankars
Wed Dec 03, 2014 3:06 pm
Forum: PMP® Open Forum
Topic: Questions on PMI Glossary
Replies: 4
Views: 688

Re: Questions on PMI Glossary

Agreed... :)

Regards
Shankar
by shankars
Wed Dec 03, 2014 2:54 pm
Forum: PMP® Open Forum
Topic: Questions on PMI Glossary
Replies: 4
Views: 688

Questions on PMI Glossary

Hi

Is it critical to go through the PMI Glossary for the actual PMP examination currently.

Please suggest.

Regards
Shankar
by shankars
Wed Dec 03, 2014 2:47 pm
Forum: PMP® Open Forum
Topic: Confusion on EAC formula
Replies: 4
Views: 709

Re: Confusion on EAC formula

Thanks Ranjit a ton.
Regards
Shankar
by shankars
Wed Dec 03, 2014 2:26 pm
Forum: PMP® Open Forum
Topic: PMP Question need help
Replies: 3
Views: 565

Re: PMP Question need help

Thanks Ranjit.

Regards
Shankar
by shankars
Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:51 am
Forum: PMP® Open Forum
Topic: Confusion on EAC formula
Replies: 4
Views: 709

Confusion on EAC formula

Hi Saket
I did watch your you-tube video on EVM techniques and it helped me to clarify lot of grey areas. Thanks a lot.

I had a query. Why do use EAC= BAC/CPI and not EAC= AC +BAC/CPI in case we would like to continue with the current CPI.

Please clarify.

Regards
Shankar
by shankars
Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:43 am
Forum: PMP® Open Forum
Topic: PMP Question need help
Replies: 3
Views: 565

PMP Question need help

Hi I found a question on schedule which I could not answer. Please help. Three activities are done in sequence.Each activity takes 5 days to do. There is a 90% probability that each activity will be finished on time and a 10% chance of each activity finishing late. What is the probability that the l...

Go to advanced search